SMI provides silicone solutions for medical device manufacturers. Silicone can be used as a biocompatible sealing solution for medical devices that could contact bodily fluids, provide implantable-grade coverings for metal implements, and provide electrothermal insulation. SMI provides medical-grade sheeting, tubing, and custom silicone solutions.Request a Quote
Why is Silicone Ideal for Medical Applications?
- Silicone is a biocompatible material
- Silicone is easy to sterilize
- Silicone is an effective barrier against bio-materials within bio-medical devices and implantables
- Silicone is resistant to temperature, UV radiation, and X-rays
- Silicone doesn't adhere to body tissue
- Silicone does not support microbial growth
- Silicone provides electrothermal insulation
- Silicone can be used as a no-slip surface
- Silicone is soft and pliable and does not crack
- Medical grade silicone is safe/sterile alternative to latex
What Silicone Solutions does SMI Provide for Medical Device Manufacturers?
- Medical grade silicone tubing
- Medical grade silicone sheets
- Medical grade liquid silicone rubber (LSR)
- Medical grade silicone injection molding
- Custom medical dip molding for a seamless silicone product
- Micromolding/overmolding to tight tolerances
- Bond silicone to plastic, metal, or silicone
Medical applications using silicone include: gaskets, seals, tubs, placements, wearables, medical instruments, and robotics
A Testament to Our Capability
"Having such an open relationship with an innovative partner like SMI has allowed us to work that much closer with OEMs in the medical market. Working together we combine both materials and fabrication expertise that can not only help OEMs design and develop their next generation of medical devices and components but also get them to market faster."
-BILL INMAN, TECHNICAL SERVICE & DEVELOPMENT
Use Cases for Bonding with Silicone
- Bond silicone to plastic
- Bond silicone to metal
- Bond silicone to silicone
Ready to Get Started?
Request For Quote